1. My family: Mom, Dad, Ana, Andrea, Jason, Eli, Jonah, Emma, Anna, Lily, Jack, Rebekah, Matt, Nya, George, Amy Michelle, Sarah, Kate, Juliette, Jethro, Staci, Katya, Cali (coming Dec 1st), Gideon, and Nathan.
2. My Religion
3. The Atonement
4. My Faith
5. Living in Utah, even though I am sure most of my posts will complain about driving in the snow!
6. My Friends
7. My Jobs
8. Living with Rebekah
9. The beauty of this earth and the mountains that surround me.
10. Dr. Hendricks - helping me lose 75 pounds (still have 25 more to go)
11. All the medical professionals that have helped me over the past month.
12. The smiles on my nieces and nephews faces when they see me.
13. That I taught Katya to point to her head. She will even use both hands and smile and laugh when we all say "YEAH" She will even put her hands on her head whenever you say "where is your..." because that is what she relates the word "where" with. She will also put her hands on her head whenever she sees me because she knows she will get praise from her "auntie".
14. I am thankful for Daisy (Bekah's black lab) even though she ran in front of me when I was carrying a bunch of stuff down the stairs and made me fall down the last three stairs. Thank goodness for carpeting, a good cry, and that I didn't break any bones. Daisy is a great hiking companion and has been on a ton of hikes with me.
15. I am thankful for strong bones. I am 32 years old and have never had a broken bone. And I even hate milk and refuse to drink it. Therefore, I am also thankful for other sources of calcium- I love cheese and can't live without it.
16. I am thankful for blogging. It has been a great way for all of our family to keep in touch and updated about what is going on and I love all the pictures. Thanks Andrea for getting us all on board in the blogging world.
17. I am thankful for all my extended family - don't think I forgot about you!! Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Grandparent's. I love you all!
18. I am thankful I made it home in one piece my first night driving in the snow. (here come the snow complaints) I am thankful I made it safely though.
19. I am thankful for medical insurance - random I know, but two weeks in the hospital can really make you think about a lot of things, and a minute didn't go by that I was thinking about how glad I was I had insurance.
20. I am thankful I finally got my apartment rented out and sold some of my things. It will be a bummer when I am able to be on my own again and have to buy a lot of things, but I had to downsize major!
21. I am thankful for Nya and the joy she brings into my life each day I see her. I'm not playing favorites with Nya and Katya, they are just who I am around most often now. Kind of like how I used to always post about Sarah and Kate when I lived with them. Anyway, just a cute Nya story. So when I fell down the stairs I thought for sure Nya would be concerned about me, ,but she wasn't. She was more concerned about the fact that I had locked Daisy in her crate. All morning long I was carrying things down the stairs to put in my room. Daisy kept dancing around my feet and I knew something was going to happen. Of course before long Daisy tripped me and down I went. She just gets so excited when I am around because she thinks I am going to take her hiking. Well, I had Daisy go in her crate for safety reasons. First of all I didn't want to get tripped again, and second I didn't want Daisy to get hurt by me stepping or falling on her. It is hard to see when you are carrying boxes. Anyway, Nya was so upset with me that I put Daisy in the crate. She said "Auntie, let Daisy out of her crate right now", then she continued to yell at me in her little two year old voice "Daisy is my dog and I love her and she is not in trouble! I want you to move back to your apartment" I tried not to laugh because it was so funny, but I explained to Nya the reason why I put Daisy in the crate. She didn't care what my reasoning was, she just wanted me to let Daisy out. Then I showed Nya my knee and the rug burn I had on it, and it didn't even phase Nya. She wanted her dog FREE!!!
22. I am thankful for this day and age that I live in. Yes, I love my cell phone and the Internet, and I don't know how we ever survived without them.
23. I am thankful each night I make it to midnight at work. It is hard working that late sometimes when the phone calls slow down and you are tired.
24. I am thankful for peanut M&M's. Not on my diet of course, but the best choice if I am going to choose a type of candy and sometimes my sweat tooth gets the best of me.
25. I am thankful for the opportunity I had to reflect of these things I am thankful for. It really brings a spirit of gratitude at a very difficult time in my life. I realize there are many other "small" day to day things I am thankful for. Sometimes we just need to take a break from our lives and take the time to stop, breathe, and thank our Heavenly Father for all he has given to us.