Monday, February 23, 2009

Weight Loss

I started off the year with hopes of losing weight. I got off track and decided it is now time to get going. I began a new diet last Sunday. It is from a book by Dr. Mark Hyman. My mom did his weight loss plan and she was amazed at how great she fell. She has been after me to try it, so she sent me the book. There are several things that he suggests to cut out of your diet. Especially the first 6 weeks. No dairy, wheat products, sugar, soda, caffeine, or processed foods. I eat lots of veggies, fruit, organic brown rice, and lean meats. I am amazed at how good I felt just after one week. I have a lot more energy. The best part is that I lost 5 pounds. Now I have 45 more pounds to go! Ahhhh that sounds like so much, but I will do it. Last week I didn't include any exercising. This week I plan on starting back on Yoga. Yoga is a great form of exercise and it relieves alot of stress. My job is so stressful that I really need a good way to release that stress. Once spring comes and the weather is nice I will start walking again. I hope the snow in the mountains melts soon so I can start hiking. Hiking is my favorite form of exercise. Dave loves hiking too. So we plan on doing a lot of hiking this summer.

3 comments:

Shayna said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! You can do it. I am back on track now too! That whole vacation threw me off! I am excited to see the results!! YEAH!

Sue said...

You can do it Amy! I'm on the weight loss journey again, too... Down 10 so far - 65 to go :) LOL

susette said...

Will you be a dear sweetie and help me win a trip back East? go to www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com and vote for Susette at All Good Things Come...