Friday, April 13, 2007

I Love Salt Lake! (Day 1 - 3/28)

There are two cities that I absolutely love! Salt Lake and San Diego. Both are beautiful and both have great things to do and see. What makes me love Salt Lake even more is that I have a lot of family that lives there. Rebekah and Jethro both live there and then so do several of my cousins, aunts, uncles, and Grandparents. It is always nice to see family, especially when that family involves my nieces and nephews! I was so lucky to have the "bonus" of Andrea and her family visiting Salt Lake the same time I was there. I seriously had the best time. I had full intentions of blogging each day there. That would have been the ideal situation. However I couldn't get my laptop to work on the wireless network. Yes, I could have still made posts and uploaded the pictures later. But I didn't do that. So instead I am going to try and recap each day from memory. thankfully I took pictures each day and that will help me to remember.

WEDNESDAY 3/28/07 DAY 1

I left Wednesday at about 4:00 p.m. to head to the airport. I took Sarah with me to Salt Lake.




She was so excited to go, she could hardly stand it. We were so anxious to leave but George had gone on a bike ride so we had to wait for him to get back so we could say goodbye. As soon as he got home Sarah ran up to him. He didn't even have a chance to get off his bike. They posed for a quick picture.



We were also waiting for Amy to get home from work so she could say goodbye too. Again, another picture.

Before we left she suggested that we should have family prayer. Amy asked Sarah to give it. In her prayer she said "please bless Mom, Dad, Kate, and everyone else that they won't miss me too much". It was really sweet! We went out to get in my car and she gave Amy a hug goodbye. Then she came to get in the car and she said something to me and her voice cracked. I looked at her and her eyes were filled with tears. I asked her if she was going to be o.k.? She said she is going to miss her Mom, Dad, and Kate too much. I looked at Amy and we both gave each other the look of "How sad, but cute" Sarah got in the car and Amy stood and waved. That made Sarah cry even more, which of course made Auntie cry. Sarah cried the entire way to the airport. I kept trying to cheer her up and tell her exciting things we were going to do, but it didn't work. I did tell her that even to this day, every time I go visit my Mom and I leave her I still cry. I usually cry the entire way to the airport too, so if she wants to cry go right ahead. Thankfully I had my camera handy and I gave it to her so she could look at the pictures I took of her with George and Amy. By the time we pulled into long term parking she had stopped crying and her excitement was back. She was just fine and I couldn't keep her from squealing with joy.
We arrived in Salt Lake at about 9:30 p.m. and Rebekah, Nya, Jethro, Staci, and Katya. It was so good to see everyone. It started to snow on the way back to Rebekah's and Sarah was thrilled. When we got out of the car she immediately ran out to the lawn and started playing in the snow.

I finally got her to come inside and Nya showed us where we would be sleeping. Sarah just loves Nya.

I was pretty tired and by now it was almost 11:00 p.m. Sarah didn't want to stop playing with Nya and I didn't want to be without her either. So I offered to have Nya sleep with me and Sarah. Rebekah was thrilled with this idea! Lately, Nya had been ending up in Rebekah's bed with her, so Rebekah was more than willing to pass that "joy" onto someone else.

Let me just say, I didn't get much sleep that night. Several times I woke up with Nya's knee or foot in my back. It was great though! She is so cute.

No comments: