Sunday, April 22, 2007

Look At Me Now...

It is always funny to me when you see before and after pictures of people who have lost weight. They always seem to have the same type of pose with their hands on their hips, one leg sticking out a bit, and they do it. Well today I was having Gideon take some pictures of me before church. I just did this pose and when I saw it I had to laugh. I was doing the same pose that all these people do when they have lost their "goal" weight. I still have 38 more pounds to go. But here is the picture of me doing a weight loss pose.
I just got this dress Friday night. Bet you can't guess where I got it? Macy's of course. Big Surprise! I got a killer deal on it. It was originally $119 and I got it for $30. Anyway, I have to thank Rebekah because she gave me a gift certificate to Macy's for Christmas. I have been holding onto it since then waiting for the perfect outfit to use it on. Well, since I have been losing this weight so quickly I have a rule with myself. I can't spend more than $20 on any item of clothing. I usually don't get to wear it too much before it becomes to big on me. I honestly try and stick between $10-$15 on each garment, but I have set $20 as the top amount. With Macy's it is easy to find things that cheap because they have sales every weekend. I just have to buy when something is on clearance for 50% off and then they usually will have a sale of take an extra 40% off. I know I have gone through all this in previous posts, but I seriously get the best deals. I go often enough that I know what I want and all I have to do is wait for it to go on sale. Well I am proud to say that on Friday night I got to shop exclusively in the normal woman's section. Goodbye, PLUS SIZES! It felt so good not to have to go up to the third floor where the PLUS sizes and shoved in a corner next to the dishes!! Anyway, I back to thanking Rebekah since she gave me that gift certificate and I really wanted this dress I was able to use it and not go over my $20 budget. In fact I bought two dresses because once I used Rebekah's gift certificate they ended up being only $15 each. Right in line with my budget. :) The other dress is the same brand and style just a different pattern. It is just as wild as the one above and I love it!

6 comments:

andrea said...

Cute, Ihave a similar dress.

Reuel and Ana said...

You look wonderful honey. good luck on the last leg of the diet.
love
dad

Rebekah said...

Congratulations on saying goodbye to plus sizes. Keep up the good work.

George said...

Great job, hunzy

Victoria said...

You look fabulous!! Good job!

Lucy said...

You look really good Amy! Congrats on the bright future of shopping wherever!