Friday, April 13, 2007

It's About Time!

It's about time I write a post in my blog. I have been so busy it is crazy! Work has been hectic ever since I got back from vacation and it didn't help things that I had to fire someone yesterday. So my already long days, and going to be even longer until I get someone hired and up to speed.

The most exciting thing is that I recently moved into an apartment. Gideon and I moved into a 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath apartment. It is about 1060 square feet and has a washer and dryer in the unit. That is the best part. Getting moved in was just a long process. I started moving in the day I had to fly out to Salt Lake. Then I spent a week in Salt Lake and flew back on Wednesday 4/4. My flight got in at 12:30 p.m. and by 1:30 I was at work. I worked until a little after 7:00 p.m. and went home. That next day I was supposed to work from 7-2 and then finish moving everything from George and Amy's. Well, I ended up having to work from 7-7 and I was too tired by the time I got home to do any moving. Then on Friday Gideon and I had to leave for the airport at 5:30 a.m. to catch our 6:30 flight to Ontario. We arrived there safely and then rented a car and drove out to Palm Desert to where my storage unit has been for the past four years! It is hard to imagine I have had stuff in storage for so long! We picked up the U-Haul and got it all loaded up in 40 minutes. I couldn't believe we did it so quickly. We were on the road back to Ontario by noon! It was great. Traffic was pretty light all the way back to Sacramento. We were home by 9:30 p.m. I thought for sure it was going to take us until 2:00 a.m. because I didn't think we would make it out of Palm Desert so quickly. I also thought there would be a lot more traffic than there was. We were truly blessed. On Saturday, we unloaded the U-haul with the help of George, Nathan, Sarah, and Kate. I spent all day Saturday unpacking everything. I told George and Amy and the girls to come over that night and they were shocked that I had unpacked everything. I even put some decorations up.
Sunday was Easter and will write about that on a separate post, but I was busy all day. Before I knew it, it was Monday. More work, work, work, and then when I got off I had the pressure of trying to decide how to paint my apartment. I will write more about that in another post too. The bottom line is, I have been slammed everyday with projects and work. I don't even have a lot of time to blog right now, but I am forcing myself to update everyone before I do anything else!

No comments: