Sunday, February 25, 2007

Keep the compliments coming....

This past week has been super stressful for me. So many things have been going on and I have been so busy that I feel like I haven't even had time to stop and breathe. My biggest project last week was to finish writing a Policy & Procedure book for work. I have been wanting to finish this project for 1 1/2 years and something would always come up where I wasn't available to work on it. So, finally after much effort I was able to get some time in the office where I was able to focus and get this done! I can't even begin to count the number of hours I have spent on this. The bottom line is I was able to update and write 51 policies and procedures. I had a meeting with my employee's last night where I handed out the books and did a power point presentation. I had 100% attendance and a lot of good interaction from everyone. I have to say I am pleased beyond words.

So last night since I was finally "free" from this burden that has been on my shoulders for so long that I decided I would take the time to relax. I kicked back in bed and watched a movie. Then at about 10:00 p.m. when I should have been getting ready to go to sleep, I got the bright idea to post some more of my clothes on ebay. Little did I know that it would take me until 3:00 a.m. to do this. I posted about 25 more items and I hope they sell. I just feel like it is more work than what it is going to be worth. But oh well, at least I am giving it a shot.

So, that brings me to this morning. I woke up around 9:00 and checked my e-mail. I had about 12 e-mails from e-bay bidders with questions about what I had listed. Most of them were measurements for the bust, waist, hips ect. I didn't even think of putting any of those things in the description when I posted them, so then I had to spend another 2 hours getting the clothes back out and measuring them! Ahhhh! So much for relaxing. By the time I finished with that it was noon. Church starts at 1:00 and I didn't want to go. Kate was sick and was going to stay home from Church, so since I am such a nice "Auntie" I volunteered to stay home and watch her. Really, I just didn't want to go to Church. I was tired, burnt out, recovering from a stressful week and I just didn't want to have to go out of the house. Let alone go get ready. But George, being the good brother that he is, gently insisted on my going to Church. Of course I went kicking and screaming. I gave him a piece of my mind too... I mean, if I wasn't in the mood to go to Church, I knew I would sit there and stew while at Church and not get anything out of it anyway. Again, George is such a good brother, he gave me the major guilt trip and I ended up going. I took Sarah with me because Amy has to get there early to lead the music. Since George wasn't going, Sarah would have to sit on a bench by herself so I took her with me. I would have been on time, but I had to run Nathan to the singles ward and he was running late. Blah, Blah, Blah... So Sarah and I got to church in the middle of a hail storm. As soon as we pulled into the church parking lot it stopped and we both ran to the church building in case it decided to rain or pour again. I was grateful that I didn't get soaked, that would have really topped off the day. Anyway, we got there in the middle of the Sacrament and so we sat out in the foyer. I knew that once we could go into the chapel it would be packed, so I told Sarah we are just going to walk straight up to the front row and sit down. I knew it would be empty since that is where the deacons all sit. So we walked up to the front, so everyone in the entire ward got to see us walk in late. Sarah is so cute, she is such a happy girl that she has a little bounce to her walk. Half the time she skips, it is way cute. Anyway she bounced down the isle her blond hair bouncing back and forth and I couldn't help but smile. I mean who can be in a bad mood when you are around such cuteness. We sat down right in front of the bishopric and they all smiled and me and gave me the "nod". It wasn't that big of a deal and I thought to myself "This is where I need to be". I really wanted to stay in my foul mood, but the talks were so good that I couldn't even feel anything but "good". Even though I am stubborn and don't want to admit that I was wrong, I am glad George made me go to church today. Not just for the spiritual aspect of it, but I got so many compliments from people. I had either 5 or 6 people seek me out to tell me how good I looked. I really was happy about that. I have passed the 1/2 way mark on my weight loss and I know the next 50 pounds are going to be hard. So having all these people compliment me really got me pumped up. So, now it is nearly 6:00 p.m. I have yet to relax and I hope I can at least "VEG" out a little before I have to go to bed and get ready for another week.

1 comment:

andrea said...

Amy you are doing great. Thank goodness for George prodding you to go to church. I forgot about measurements on your ebay stuff. That will definitely drive your prices up if you provide measurements in your listings. I didn't even think of that. Hope you have a great day and that your stuff continues to sell. If it's too much effort just give your stuff to goodwill. I have heard that plus size fashions do really well on ebay.