Thursday, February 1, 2007

You Can Do It Jamie

This blog is dedicated to one of my best friends Jamie. She is just beautiful inside and out! She lives in San Diego and I really miss her. Tonight we were talking on the phone and she was telling me what an inspiration I have been to her. We talked for almost an hour and it was so good to get caught up, but most of the time we talked about weight loss. She wants to lose weight but is having a hard time getting motivated. I certainly can understand that. When I lived in San Diego we used to go walking all the time. She would drive 45 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic to get to my house so we could go walking. We usually did 3-4 miles and had a great time talking as we exercised. She was telling me how much she missed our walks. It really made me think about how important it is to have a good support system. I have talked about that a lot in other posts. I am so lucky to have such a great support system. Even from San Diego I have Jamie cheering me on. I am cheering her on too! Our big motivation is that I am going to fly down to San Diego at the end of April and we are going to an LDS Single Adult Conference in Huntington Beach. We are really excited to be able to hang out again. We are just going to have a blast and we know we will feel even better if we lose more weight. One of the activities that we signed up for at the conference is bike riding on beach cruisers along the beach. So all the more motivation for both of us to keep working out. We want our legs looking really good as we are peddling those bikes :). Anyway Jamie, I love you to death and I just want you to know you can reach your goal! I am going to be checking up on you and I know you are going to be checking up on me! We will do it!!!

No comments: