Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Auntie's Day

and Happy Mother's Day too! I didn't get a chance to make a post yesterday, but I do want to tell my Mom how much I love her! She is such a wonderful woman and I love her so much. She is so patient and listens to me go on and on and on and on about whatever is on my mind. You think I have a tendency to ramble in my blogs, you should hear me on the phone :) Anyway, I really admire my Mother. She not only raised seven children, but somehow found the time to always make bread, pancakes, cookies, cake, and everything else from scratch. One thing that I am most thankful for from my Mother is that she always had us eat dinner as a family. It was hard at times, especially when all we did was complain about what she made. But it was nice to sit down as a family every night and discuss our days. I know as a teenager I barely would sit through an entire dinner. I remember all of us kids raiding the table, eating our food as fast as we could and off we would go. My Mom would just sit at the table slowly enjoying her meal. As I look back on that I feel bad that so often we couldn't even find the time to say "Thanks Mom". Well here is my time to say "Thanks". Thanks for just being you! I love you so much and I miss you terribly. I have always said "If my Mom doesn't make it to the Celestial Kingdom, then none of us will" That is how wonderful my Mom is. In Relief Society we had a special panel of woman. Some were mother/daughter and others were just asked to share some stories about their Mom's. I was asked to participate in the panel. One thing I focused on was my Mom's ability to serve others. Not only serve others, but to do so silently. Every Sunday I call my Mom on the way home from church. She often will answer her cell phone and say "I can't talk, I am visiting my little old ladies". I am always amazed at how faithful she is to go and visit them every Sunday. One lady she visit teaches and the other lady is not a member and my Mom has just befriended her. I know these ladies look forward to every Sunday when my Mom is going to come and visit. I love you MOM!

Yesterday I went over to George and Amy's after church to celebrate Mother's Day with them.

I really wanted to get a nice picture of me and the girls, but I may have to try again next Sunday. I am my own worse critic.

Kate was being goofy in this picture with this foamy sticker on her head. I love her smile in this picture. It is so typical Kate, full of mischief in her eyes.

Here is a really nice family picture of George, Amy, Sarah, Kate and new baby. Amy looks so dang cute pregnant!

George made a wonderful dinner for all of us. He made egg rolls, bread, kung po chicken, and a very yummy cake for desert.

Hopefully, he will post some pictures of the food he made. He also made a very good breakfast for Amy. He is such a good cook!! He made everything from scratch! Go George!

3 comments:

Reuel and Ana said...

Nice pictures of you and the kids as well as George and Amy. that is the first picture i have seen of Amy being pregent. love
dad

George said...

Yeah, go me! What a great day that was. We had some gooood food.

Rebekah said...

The message about mom was well put. I agree too.

I can't to have one of George's yummy meals.