Sunday, January 28, 2007

Daily Motivation

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I usually do very well during the week when I am really busy staying motivated. I honestly have to say that I don't even really have any temptations or serious cravings during the week. Someone can eat pizza or ice cream or drink a soda right in front of me and I don't even have the slightest desire to have any. However once the weekend comes, especially Sunday's I feel like it is all I can do to keep my hands out of the cupboards and the freezer. It is nearly 7:00 p.m. and so far today hasn't been to bad. I attribute that to a few things. First of all I went walking this morning at 6:45. I think that really helped to stay focused all day. I will write more about my walk later.

The second thing that has helped keep me motivated is this graph that I made last night. I searched and searched on line for a thermometer that I could change the temperature on (to represent my increasing weight loss each week). At the top of the thermometer I wanted to have the phrase "The temperature is rising and when I meet my goal (100 pounds lost) I will be smokin' hot".


I thought it would be good to have that so people could check my blog and just look to the side to see how much weight I have lost. Well after finding several "trashy" pictures, mostly things you would see on myspace, I gave up. I went back to the basics and made my own thermometer in Excell. It isn't perfect, but you get the idea. I will just have to update it every two weeks when I go in for weigh in and keep everyone posted that way. So, I hung this on my mirror in my bedroom. That way I see it everyday and read the phrase "When I meet my goal I will be smokin hot". So I think that will help me with my daily motivation.
The third thing that has helped me stay motivated today is the new outfit I got to wear to church today (see above picture). Macy's had a big sale this past week and on Thursday night I went a bought some more clothes. I really wanted to find something I could wear to church. I found this skirt and blouse. Both the skirt and the blouse are a size 16! I was so happy when I tried on the a size 18 skirt and it was too big. I still need a size 18 in my pants though. I bought two more pairs of pants so now I have 5 pairs that fit. What a relief, I was so tired of walking around pulling up my pants all day. I also got some more blouses to wear to work that actually fit too. Again, all are a size 16. I wouldn't have bought so many things but everything was on sale marked for clearance at 50% off, then take an additional 40% off. So most things didn't cost too much and I figured I can wear them for at least a month or more before I have to go buy a smaller size. Don't worry I won't complain if I go down a few more sizes and have to splurge before the month is up. Anyway, I love Macy's. They have the best sales! I also got two pairs of earnings. They each were originally $50, marked down 75% and then an additional 30% off of that price. So I paid about $9 each for them. It was great.





1 comment:

Lucy said...

That thermometer looks awesome. I think I'll copy your idea! You are looking fabulous.