Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sarah

SARAH


Sarah is 6 going on 16. She is in first grade and about as smart as can be. She is an excellent reader, excels at math, can sing like an angel and has a contagious laugh. She is so full of life and already has the boys lining up. Last Sunday I was substitute teaching her primary class. I was playing a game with the kids where they had to come up to the chalkboard and select a CTR shield, that had a quote on the back. As each child came up and selected their shield, they got to choose the next child to come up. Sarah was the first to go, all of the other 5 kids were anxiously raising their hand to be picked next. Sarah chose Mathew Lowe. All the other kids said "Ah, why did you chose him?" Mathew replied "Because we are engaged". All the kids laughed and Sarah had a huge smile on her face. I asked Matthew, "What does it mean to be engaged?" He said "It means we are in love" Of course all the kids continued to giggle and I was thinking to myself .... How many hearts is this girl going to break?



Sarah loves to sing and dance. She is always singing to Kate and I often hear them making up songs. Sarah is a pretty picky eater, but she loves CHOCOLATE.


This is a picture of Sarah on the first day of first grade. She loves her teacher Mrs. Young. Sarah loves to write, she always writes letters to friends and notes to her Mom and Dad. She loves to play on the computer and even knows how to "Google" things. One day Sarah asked her Mom "How does a mother get pregnant?" Amy gave her the standard answer. Sarah seemed fine with it and went about her day. A few days later I picked Sarah up from school. When we got home I turned on the TV and we were watching 7th Heaven. On the show they were talking about a woman who was pregnant and going to have a baby soon. Before I knew it, I heard Sarah typing on the computer. I walked over to the desk to see what she was typing and she had typed into Google "How dus a muthr git pregnit" I tried not to laugh and asked her how could a computer answer her question. She said "The internet has everything". I then asked how does she know about Google? She replied "Auntie, if you want to find out about something you just 'Google it'. I asked her if she learned that at school and she said "No, I learned it from my Mom. She loves Google".


After I shared the "Google" story with George and Amy they decided that they better tell Sarah a little more about how women get pregnant before she reads about it on the internet. So Amy gave her the "talk". She seemed unintersted in it and once again went about her day. A few months later while someone was bearing their soul in testimony meeting Sarah went up to George and said "Daddy will you fertalize Mommie's eggs so she can get pregnant and have a baby?" George said "We'll talk about it later".

I took this picture 1 1/2 years ago and I love it. Sarah wants this to be her future car. Doesn't she look perfect in it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love to get hernaked in the back seat and pop her cherry